Tuesday 24 September 2013

Return of the blogger

So it appears that I have not posted on this blog in well over a year, which is quite unfortunate. However, that's not to say that I haven't been writing! In fact, this past year I wrote more than ever. 

I was lucky enough to have been hired by Laurier's student newspaper and work as the Campus News editor for the past year. I covered a lot of pretty interesting beats, including, but not limited to, the controversial, revamped dining hall, residence break-ins, racist posters on campus, and more, including an editorial that won an award

That, combined with my other part-time job, courses, and various volunteer positions kept me pretty busy and distracted from posting anything on here. I know, bad excuses. But, despite being back in school for a graduate program now, I am going to do my absolute best to post weekly pieces! 

One of my classes requires us to do multiple weekly readings on current news worldwide, focusing on issues regarding international development. The majority of my posts will, for now, reflect those topics, but I'll make sure to throw in some other stuff as well to keep things interesting and not overly depressing.

The more you read, the more I'll post. Let's make this a win-win for everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment